Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pocket PC (Made in Malaysia)

The 1st Malaysia made Pocket PC has been officially launched in 25Jan2006 by Advance Tech Communications Sdn. Bhd. I'm sure you guys excited to know about the technical specs of this Pocket PC, so let us see what so special about it...


Click on the picture to enlarge it


Well lets starts comment from the top. For its OS and CPU, I have no comment about it. Move on to the conectivity, I only can see it is quadband GSM, supports EDGE and GPRS, but I don't see it supports UTMS so I assume that it doens't supports 3G. Oh ya, it has integrated the GPS on this PDA. How great is that...

For the memory, it has integrated 8GB micro drive which I think is more than enough for us to store the whole set of drama into it =P . It also supports memory expansion with the miniSD cards.

For display, I can't find any good reason for having two touch screen display. It just wasting resources and drains battery IMHO. Same goes to its dual 2.0Megapixel camera. The output was great as it has VGA out which means we can use our standard monitor or panel as display. It also means that you able to connect to your LCD projector for your presentation.
Was it a smart move to make dual display and dual camera?

For the audio part, it has the standard 3.5mm audio jack which means you can simply plugin your favorite headset or earpiece, or even your woofer XD~~.

When it comes to dimension and weights, this really turn user down. It was a huge as a brick, and heavy too. I wonder who will feel comfortable using a PDA in this size and weight. This is another disadvantage besides the dual display and dual camera.

Size does matter. I think KingKong would love it.. :P


For the security part, amazingly it uses biometric input for authorization. If I've not mistaken, there is no Pocket PC using such security protection in the past. Correct me if I've wrong.. :P

Look at this... It has biometric input.. (!O.o)



Well, for the data entry, it has QWERTY keyboard, means you can type as usual like you using your keyboard for your pc.

For conclusion, I personally think that this is the good attempt for local company to produce such wonderful PDA, I mean in terms of functionality. The greatest drawback would be the design, size and weight. Perhaps it should be treated as lite version of laptop instead of palm top as I'm sure navigating this PDA on the palm would be very tedious. For me, I won't buy this thing as a PDA because of the size. XD

(All picture above was taken from Advance Tech Communications Sdn. Bhd. homepage)




Before I end my post today, I want to wish Anne 姐姐 and my nice tutor + supervisor, Mr Wong, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.......

0 comments: