Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Crystal Report Workshop (DAY 1)



Here I am sharing those activities that held during the workshop by our database lecturer Mr Yap. For those who have no idea on what is a Crystal Report, actually it was a report development tools which generetes from database. It is quite powerful report generator as it is in Graphical User Interface, and the tools are quite complete.

The welcome page of Crystal Report XI


Starts your report with Database Expert


Select the field that you want to display by just drag and drop


Click Print Preview to preview your report


This is how your plain report would look like


The workshop started at 9am today, we have been taught on how to create a normal blank report, linking database, select table, then comes to the report development environment. The field that we need can be just drag and drop into the report template. Besides generating the field content, we are taught on how to use the "Sort Expert", "Select Expert", some of few more "Expert(s)" that I can't get to list all out 1 by 1. The workshop ended at 10:30am.

Example of Select Expert


This is how the Select Expert works


As I don't have that particular software in my hand yet, so I can't post some of the screenshots of this Crystal Report thingy. Hmm... stay updated.... I will try to get some screenshots as soon as I got the software. :)

Update: I have uploaded some of the screenshots of Crystal Report XI.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

im l0oking 4ward to da screen shot lolz.. hehe.. jia you!!~