Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leopard in to a Non-Apple Computer? - Part3

Having only one hard disk detected in my mac was somehow irritating as I need to move out some of my favourite files from the "missing" hard disk to the "visible" hard disk in Windows before I could access it from my Mac. I've been figuring on this for around 2 days and I've done enough google'ing yet I found no solutions on this yet. However on the 3rd days, I found out a clue when I take a look on my Hardware Properties in my Windows Vista. This is the possible culprit :
Hard disk 1 - Location 0 (Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0) and
Hard disk 2 - Location 0 (Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0) too while
Optical Drive - Location 0 (Channel 1, Target 0, Lun 0).


Hence obviously there is some problem with the channel as it was not suppose to have 2 drive plugged in the same channel. By taking out my computer's casing and take a look on my mainboard, it has 3 pairs of SATA interface where 2 pairs are powered by Intel ACHI8, and a pair of Gigabyte own interface. By plugging only one device to each pair of the SATA interface, it corrects up the Channel listing. Reboot the computer and logged onto my Mac, yes... it shows up both of my hard disk and also optical drive living happily with each other.


Hard disk issue solved, however LAN interface was not running as expected. Did a google and it was solved by following this guide here.

After the LAN was up and running, WiFi is the next item on the list. This really makes me smack my head as I was pairing up hardwares to make sure that it was able to run in Mac, however I forgot to choose a Mac compatible WiFi adapter. I got a Prolink WG2000R WiFi adapter which I have no idea what chipset it was using, so the only thing I can do is guess. After a few guessing which makes me almost gave up and settle down with cables, the RaLink driver works like charm. I followed the guide in the InsanelyMac forum which explains on how to makes RaLink WiFi adapter works proerply in Mac and now I got the WiFi works in my Mac.


Problems solved. This is my Mac screen caps.. :)

0 comments: