Thursday, August 14, 2008

Leopard in to a Non-Apple Computer? - Part2

Continue from my previous post.... Slot the IATKOS dvd into my optical bay, and let's have fun. Installation of the OSX actually is rather straight forward, and it takes me about 15mins - 20mins with my machine. A quick walk in Google brings me to the OSX installation guide which is here.

Basically my first attempt actually failed as it keeps on looping in the mac account settings page. Looking into Google, it tells me that I would need to unplug or disconnect any network devices or disable LAN in BIOS.

Welcome screen appeared telling you that "Hey, you have installed a Mac"


Mac account setup screen


Well the trick doesn't work at first as it brings me to a deadly "Kernal Panic REBOOT" screen. No matter how many times I reboot my machine, I end up on the same deadly screen.
Kernal Panic Restart Screen


Holding my breath, I reformat my Mac Volume and start everything over again. This time, I excluded almost most of the items in installation option and yes, I managed to get back the Mac OSX welcome screen. The loop starts again from Mac OSX welcome screen to mac account setup wizard. I reboot my machine and reconfigure my BIOS again, and this time it works. I finally get into the MAC.

Everything is cool however there are several issues with my MAC.
1. First of all, it only detects one of my Hard drive instead of both of it.
2. Second, neither my NIC nor WLAN/WiFi Adapter being recognized properly.
3. Third, booting up Mac OSX tooks quite a long time compared to Vista.

In Part3, I would tells you how I solve 3 of these issues. Stay tuned. ;)

0 comments: