Friday, January 18, 2008

Sony Ericsson P1i

Now my Nokia N70 was gone, and I am kinda miss it. It serves me real well although it went to hospital twice, and hang up for several occasion. Alrite, I know I've to move on as the fact that N70 was gone. It's hard for me to decide among phone that available in market. I know that the phone that I gonna to get was definately not Nokia anymore. Not because Nokia is bad, is just that none of the Nokia phones has attracted me recently. Though Nokia N95 was pretty cool and pack with real good features, however I still don't like it as it was pretty big in size.

Well for Sony Ericsson, I was actually eyeing for W810i for such a long time already. Hmm.. people asked me why I would prefer W810i instead of some bombastic walkman series phone. Well the answer would be, I like the design of W810i and it actually has the basic features of walkman phone and cybershot phone. Why? Just find me a phone that has walkman and camera with autofocus + marco mode. The answer would be W800i and W810i. Is one of the old model and actually the price was still above RM600 which is higher than the margin that I've set for a W810i.

The second phone would be K810i. Well it has a nice design with the cute circle keypad, a 3.2 Megapixel Cybershot camera with autofocus and marco of course. The music capability was up to the standard and I can say that it's better if not par with W810i. The things that I don't like about this phone is the camera cover was simply as ugly as what in K800i. Well that's the minor thing of course. The main thing that turn me off was the price. It priced at RM850 for a new sets with 64MB M2 bundled. If I want to get an 1GB M2 on top of that, the price would be almost RM1k. For me that's expensive for a phone that priced on that as with the price, I would rather go for Nokia N-Series which at least it was a smartphone.

The last phone which will comes into my consideration was Sony Ericsson P1i. It has all the cool factors that W810i and K810 has, and on top of that it was a smartphone with touchscreen. The reason I place this phone at the bottom of my consideration was this baby is really extremely expensive. The cheapest was RM1.3k for this and it comes with 512MB of M2 memory card.

As I surfing on the lowyat.net forum, I found out that actually somebody wanted to sell off his P1i, and it was the original sets (Thorus warranty). As we know Thorus sets comes with 1GB M2, and priced at RM2k. I was just trying my luck on that and I offerred a really low price for the sets. Well the price was just a little bit more than a new K810i. Upon considerations, well I get a 1GB M2 memory card and Thorus warranty, it is worthwhile compared to K810.

Finally I got a P1i instead of W810i and K810. :) I will make my personal review on this phone after I explore it for few days. So stay tuned.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

[...]resource[...]