Friday, October 27, 2006

Un-banana'ing N70

Few days ago, when I switched off my phone, I realized that I couldn't switch it on again. Yea.. sounds amazing isn't it? If the power switch is faulty then why I could switch it off at the first place? Then I plugged it to the charge, and the phone lights up and start charging. Hence it's certified alive by LittlewaY of course. :P To double check whats the problem with the button, I removed the casing, including the frame at the back camera. I directly press the button, but it has no reaction. Hence again, I confirmed that the power button is spoilt. Now, the problem still remains unsolved as the phone is remain off situations.

Hmm.. then I opened up my browser, start to google about the power switch problem, and tadaa~~ I found a hint. First get an electric conductor, a normal paper clips would do (of course not the plastic paper clips). All that I need to do is connect two pins the anode and cathode with the conductor so that it ignites the power button pressed state. At my first attempt, the phone lights up but it did not start (The phone is connected to charger, so whenever any button is pressed, it would lights up). Same results for my second attempts. Then I decided to get into deeper, as the N70 power switch are hidden behind the phone speaker, so I can only connect with assumption. At my third attempts, it finally starts. :D

Here is the reference on how the phone looks like when the casing are totally removed.

Picture above are retrieved from here and edited by myself.

Reminder : This tricks is for temporarily solutions, and for a better solution, consult your phone's warranty company to be claim for warranty.

So I took it to the service centre at Lowyat Plaza, and fix it. I also ask them to reflashed my firmware, so that it can recognized chinese characters. Hence un-banana'ing in this post is actually means that reflashed the english firmware which unable to recognize chinese characters into the new firmware which able to recognize chinese characters.

It looks good, and when I first access to the clock function, it stated Beijing. LOL... Is that a China firmware? Maybe....... the things that I don't like is the font in messaging are extremely tall and skinny which looks abit awful for me. :P

Yet is fun to see the menu in chinese.. LOL..

Thats all for today's post la.. :)

0 comments: