Saturday, July 19, 2008

Secret Recipe Durian Durian Cake is Back


Just now, Nico and I went for dinner at Equine Park and decided to take a walk at Jusco there. Our main motive is to spend away all the Jusco vouchers that I've collected all year long from various of events organized by my company. After finish shopping there, we buy some cakes home for desert. We walked into Secret Recipe and I was scratching my head what cake should I buy as most of the cakes there are cheese cake. Then suddenly I saw a yellow cake which look cheezy, but when I looked closer, it was actually the limited time durian cake called "Durian Durian". The first question which came across my mind was "is that contains cheese?". Then Nico asked the salesgirl if the cake contains cheese. The salesgirl give us a strange look and replied "No!". Haha.. Lucky me.. Straight away I bought a slice of that and give it a try.

When we open the typical red-box that house the slice of cake, the durian aroma was pretty nice. It looks abit watery and I thought that it's sure ran out of the original taste. However when I take a bite, the durian taste is pretty strong as if you take a bite of durian and a bite of cake. It was really nice and is worth to try that piece of cake again. Personally give the cake 4.8 out of 5. :)

0 comments: