Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mysterious Updater5 folder



There is a very annoying file folder which keep on appears in My Documents. No matter how I delete it, it still reappears. Hence I do a quick google, and I found out that actually it is done by the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, which the auto update functions is the culprit of this mysterious Updater5 folder.

Naturally, we would open up the acrobat reader and check its settings inside. So I go through the normal preference setting, click on Edit > Preference, and ironically didn't found any things related with the updater.


Then I did another quick search again, then only found out that in order to let the folder dissapear, you need to change the updater folder from My Documents to "Your Desired Location". In Acrobat Reader 8, click on Help > Check Updates.


Then it would check for updates and prompt out a windows like this.


Click on the Preference and it would bring you to this windows.


Click on browse and select some folder which dumps all the temps files. In my case, I choose UserData folder to dump the updater folder. Once you had choosen the folder, just click OK and let the update runs.

Go to My Document and just deletes off the folder there and now it would never reappear again. :)

0 comments: