Friday, December 29, 2006

Taiwan Quake Impact

Obviously the impact for me is the affection of Internet access. For those who still blur why Taiwan earthquake can affect Malaysia communication, let me explain to you with my own understanding. I stated beforehand ar, is based on my understanding and it might be vary from the fact. :P

Ok... On 27December2006, the earthquake had damaged one of the important cabling which connecting Asia with Northern part of the world. The cable known as APCN2 (Asia Pacific Cable Network 2) which has segments all from Katong (Singapore) till Kita Ibaraki (Japan) as Asia communication physical media. During the earthquake, one of the segment at Taiwan consist of several cables being damaged severely. Hence all communication after the Tanshui (Taiwan) segment would be affected. Clear clear? If you still have any doubts you can refer to these interesting link below.

APCN2 in Wikipedia
APCN2 - NEC Submarine System
Starhub IPLC - APCN2

Of course because of this, I didn't logon to Blogger for few days. Hahahaa.. Actually I was lazy to login la.. :P Busy with my Final Year Project, assignments and Test. It was really cool that I settled my SPM assignment in few hours only. If my FYP can finish as fast as this, I would be extremely happy. :P Anyway, few more weeks to go and I'll be taking my final exams le... After that can go back measure road already. So wish me the best ya.. :P Might cut down my blogging frequency already.

0 comments: